We want to enable as many organisations as possible to join the good causes lottery under the SO Charitable Lottery. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
An organisation must:
- Provide community activities or services within the District Council boundaries (not necessarily be based here).
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules.
- Have a bank account requiring at least 2 unrelated signatories.
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership.
- Submit a plan as to how they will promote the lottery to their supporters.
The following groups will not be eligible:
- Groups promoting or lobbying for particular religious or political beliefs or campaigns.
- Organisations that do not do work within the boundaries of South Oxfordshire.
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit.
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees.
The Council reserves the right to reject any application for any reason.
The Council reserves the right to cease to license any organisation with a minimum of 7 days notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected cessation will be immediate.